Friday, August 12, 2011

Dealing with stubborn and wrong parent?

Been there. I would let it go. You are changing the way you guys interact. Usually she yells, you take it and then you get bummed out. NOW you are showing you will not tolerate her yelling. Being disrespectful. What you might want to do when she speaks to you is sit her down and tell her you want to change the way you guys communicate. Ask her to please respect you and listen. Don't do any blaming. Just stick to facts. Short but to the point. It shouldn't go past fifeteen minutes. Tell her something like- mom, i love you. I wish we had a better communication. But we don't. But I am changing what I can. So, when you start yelling at me, I am going to end the conversation. Because it leaves me down and sad. I don't do that to you. I love you. I don't like that you punish me by ignoring me because I am taking care of myself. But that is your choice. I love you. Thanks for listening..- then hug her. If she lets you.lol. Good luck. OH, and stick to what you say. Eventually it will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment